from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To wait a moment (usually imperative).
- v. To hold, grasp, or grip.
- v. To keep; to store something for someone
- v. To pay close attention.
- v. To continually believe in something; to have faith in.
- v. To persevere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fix to; attach
- v. hold the phone line open
- v. be persistent, refuse to stop
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.