from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any device that is used to ignite something, especially a fuel mixture, or a charge of explosive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire.
- n. a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which ignites; specifically, a signal-holder having a piston in the end for igniting a blue-light by compression.
- n. An electric apparatus, sparkcoil, or induction-coil, which is used in gas- or gasolene-engines to ignite the charge in the engine-cylinder by means of an electric spark produced in the cylinder at the proper point of the piston-stroke.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires
- n. a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire
Sorry, no etymologies found.