from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To develop industry in (a country or society, for example).
- transitive v. To organize (the production of something) as an industry.
- intransitive v. To become industrial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to develop industry; to become industrial
- v. to manufacture on an industrial scale or using industrial methods
- v. to organize along industrial lines
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To make industrial; to develop so that most of the working population is engaged in non-agricultural labor; to develop economically; -- of nations or geographical areas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To imbue with the spirit of industrialism; interest in industrial pursuits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. organize (the production of something) into an industry
- v. develop industry; become industrial
industrial + -ize (Wiktionary)