from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Disqualified by law, rule, or provision: ineligible to run for office; ineligible for health benefits.
- adj. Unworthy of being chosen; unfit: considered her ineligible for the job.
- n. One that is not eligible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not eligible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not eligible; not qualified to be chosen (for an office, post, position); not worthy to be chosen or preferred; not expedient or desirable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not eligible, in general; unworthy of choice; unsuitable; inexpedient: as, an ineligible site for a building.
- Specifically, not eligible to a specified office or post of honor; legally or otherwise disqualified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. prohibited by official rules
- adj. not eligible
Sorry, no etymologies found.