from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group: "It was a millionaire's lifestyle on the pocketbook of a hairdresser” ( People).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group
- n. the totality of the likes and dislikes of a particular section of the market, especially when expressed in terms of the products and services that they would buy; a marketing strategy based on the self-image of such a group
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a manner of living that reflects the person's values and attitudes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The term "lifestyle disorder" had to be invented to describe hypertension.
It states differences in lifestyle is not significantly worse, except for Population crowding.
To determine if a certain lifestyle is good or bad would require some kind of shared moral standard.
To agree whether a certain lifestyle is good or bad would require some kind of shared moral standard.
But the economic and political environment that structures and constrains those choices — and tends to favor centralized, regimented, official forms of employment not only through cultural prejudice but also through government-enforced subsidy and monopoly — deserves much more critical scrutiny than the term lifestyle conveys.
9. Although the term lifestyle center is said to have been coined by a Memphis-based developer, Poag & McEwen, in the late 1980s, lifestyle centers did not become popular until the following decade.
It's interesting that on the show you used the word "lifestyle" to describe being gay.
We talked to Scotty about the show's handling of his sexuality, why he uses the word "lifestyle" to describe it, how the show helped with his craft and why he was one of the only cast members to bond with Platinum Hit antagonist Nick.
You gays seem to have a very small minded mentality that anyone who cannot accept your lifestyle is a bigot.
A cursory look at their lifestyle is a very humbling experience.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.