from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling a breast or nipple in shape or form.
- adj. Pertaining to the nipples.
- n. A carbonate coating formed through the precipitation of calcium carbonate onto existing rock below the water surface in cave pools.
- n. A mammillary body, one of a pair of small round bodies, located on the undersurface of the brain, that form part of the limbic system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the mammilla, or nipple, or to the breast; resembling a mammilla; mammilloid.
- adj. Composed of convex convex concretions, somewhat resembling the breasts in form; studded with small mammiform protuberances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a mamma, pap, dug, or teat.
- Resembling a nipple.
- Studded with mammiform protuberances; having rounded projections, as a mineral composed of convex concretions in form somewhat resembling breasts.
From Middle French mamillaire, or its source, Late Latin mamillaris. (Wiktionary)