from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chiefly British Sociable; friendly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sociable or friendly.
- n. Diminutive of mate, friend.
- n. A fellow sailor; often used affectedly, especially as a pirate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having the relationship of friends or pals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used colloquially) having the relationship of friends or pals
From mate + -y. (Wiktionary)