Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who narrates; one who recounts or states facts, details, etc.
- n. In the older oratorios and passions, the personage who sings the historical parts of the text, so as to give the proper setting for the dramatic and lyric numbers.
- n. One who narrates or tells stories.
- n. narratology The person or the "voice" whose viewpoint is used in telling a story.
- n. The person providing the voice-over in a documentary.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who narrates; one who relates a series of events or transactions.
- n. someone who tells a story
“Donnie, after losing his job 6 months ago, which caused him to lose his house and truck, is now residing with his mother, and is still "reluctant" (the term narrator Julia Preston uses) to apply for the minimum wage jobs the illegal immigrants did.”
“I undestand that the narrator is an Easterling himself; in that case he wouldn't call it an "Easterling style".”
“Unless the narrator is actually a character in this story?”
“While there was Elie Wiesel's Night, Primo Levi's If This Is a Man, in these stories, the narrator is a witness.”
“In wondering whether time is, in fact "a line," the narrator is also announcing the novel's preoccupation with the relationship of time and memory, whether the latter always conditions the former, or whether it is possible to get an accurate sense of the former while thinking of it as a "line.”
“And the narrator is a character, but, you know, we find out who the narrator is but not till close to the end of the novel.”
“Another way the narrator is annoying is that he doesn't talk to us.”
“The final way the narrator is annoying is that his voice is just plain grating.”
“There's even evidence that the narrator is a Porcinist!”
“In "The Blood of Peter Francisco" by Paul Park, the narrator is a member of an underground movement who races to find a fellow rebel before the police.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘narrator’.
Words about books
This novel by Glen Duncan, aside from being a ripping yarn and beautifully written, is just littered with words that I had to look up and discover that often his use of the word not only fitted per...
The words on this list are difficult to spell for easy spellers but they should be known by fifth grade, by age 10.
Looking for tweets for narrator.