from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An idle, irresponsible person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person without a means of support; an idle, worthless person; a loafer; a person who is ineffectual, unsuccessful, or completely lacking in merit; a good-for-nothing.
- n. A person who is up to no good; a rogue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who never does, or fares, well; a good for nothing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Likely never to do well; past mending.
- n. One whose conduct indicates that he will never do well; a good-for-nothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an idle worthless person
Sorry, no etymologies found.