from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The time between sunset and sunrise.
- adj. Occurring in or appropriate for use during the night: nighttime activities; nighttime attire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hours of darkness between sunset and sunrise; the night.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The time from dusk to dawn; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The period of the night.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
night + time (Wiktionary)