from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The time between sunrise and sunset.
- adj. Occurring in or appropriate for use during the day: daytime tasks; daytime clothes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time of daylight; the time between sunrise and sunset.
- adj. Pertaining to daytime; appropriate to the day.
- adj. Happening during the day.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The time during which there is daylight, as distinguished from the night; same as day, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of the day during which the sun is above the horizon; the time from the first appearance to the total disappearance of the sun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
Sorry, no etymologies found.