from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The time between sunrise and sunset.
- adj. Occurring in or appropriate for use during the day: daytime tasks; daytime clothes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time of daylight; the time between sunrise and sunset.
- adj. Pertaining to daytime; appropriate to the day.
- adj. Happening during the day.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The time during which there is daylight, as distinguished from the night; same as day, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of the day during which the sun is above the horizon; the time from the first appearance to the total disappearance of the sun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Storing the excess energy at night and using it during the daytime is a big challenge.
DF isn't that bad, as long as you watch the road signs and KEEP MOVING; but his emphasis on 'daytime' is appropriate.
The road is great, not busy, and at least in daytime not dangerous. we experienced no sense of danger in Zee or Ixtapa.
Ms. Winfrey's design guru, Nate Berkus, just launched his own daytime show, and Rosie O'Donnell will be returning to daytime with a new show on Ms. Winfrey's coming cable network, a joint venture with Discovery Communications Inc.Mr. Cooper has long demonstrated an interest in daytime television.
It is estimated that gross revenues of each soap exceed 100 million annually even with a dramatic decline in daytime drama.
When my representative requested Y&R consider me as a writer/director for the show, a courtesy afforded previously to many Anglo actors in daytime, such as Susan Flannery, Meg Bennet, Ellen Wheeler, Courtney Simon, Douglas Marland, and Christopher Gotman, the response from Sr.
Driving around DC in the daytime is getting worse instead of better.
But it was "Andy Griffith" that stood tall as the top-rated sitcom of the 1960s, according to Variety. com, and is still No. 1 in daytime reruns for TVLand (which is hosting a Sunday marathon).
It's fun and interesting to work in daytime television.
Notably, Christopher Goutman won for his work in daytime soap As the World Turns, some consolation after CBS cancelled the legendary program after a whopping 54 seasons.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.