from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A painting done in oil paints.
- n. The art or practice of painting with oils.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A painting done with oil paints.
- n. The art of painting with oil paints.
- n. A physically attractive person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any kind of painting of which the pigments are originally ground in oil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of painting with pigments mixed with a drying-oil, as poppy-, walnut-, or linseed-oil.
- n. A picture painted in oil-colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a picture painted with oil paints
- n. the art or method of painting with oil paints
Sorry, no etymologies found.