from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a group of civilians organized in a military fashion, especially to operate in place of or assist regular army troops.
- n. A member of a paramilitary force.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of civilians trained and organized in a military fashion, but which do not represent the formal forces of a sovereign power.
- n. A member of a paramilitary group.
- adj. relating to a paramilitary
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of civilians organized in a military fashion (especially to operate in place of or to assist regular army troops)
- adj. of or relating to a group of civilians organized to function like or to assist a military unit
para- + military (Wiktionary)