from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. See pitter-patter.
- n. A device that removes pits from fruit such as olives or cherries.
- v. To make a pattering sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contrivance for removing the pits from peaches, plums, and other stone fruit.
- intransitive v. To make a pattering sound; to murmur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To murmur; patter.
- n. One who removes pits or stones from fruit.
- n. An implement for removing the stones from such fruit as plums and peaches; a fruit-stoner.
Sorry, no etymologies found.