from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cardiac thrombus usually found post-mortem.
- n. An octopus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as polyp.
- n. A tumor, usually with a narrow base, somewhat resembling a pear, -- found in the nose, uterus, etc., and produced by hypertrophy of some portion of the mucous membrane.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoöl : A-poulp or cuttle.
- n. A polyp, in any sense
- n. [capitalized] A genus of cuttles. A genus of polyps.
- n. In pathology, any kind of tumor growing from a mucous membrane, of rounded form, and more or less distinctly pedunculated. The term is most frequently applied to benign growths
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small vascular growth on the surface of a mucous membrane
From Latin polypūs, from Ancient Greek πολύπους (polupous) (Wiktionary)