from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A word of more than three syllables.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A word with more than two syllables. Sometimes used in a more restricted sense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A word of many syllables, or consisting of more syllables than three; -- words of less than four syllables being called
monosyllables, dissyllables, and trisyllables.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A word of several syllables; usually, a word of four or more syllables, words of one syllable being called monosyllables, those of two dissyllables, and those of three trisyllables.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a word of more than three syllables
poly- + syllable (Wiktionary)