from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 1015.
- n. Chiefly British Septillion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thousand trillion: 1 followed by fifteen zeros, 1015.
- n. A million trillion: 1 followed by twenty-four zeros, 1024.
- n. Any very large number, exceeding normal description.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. According to the French notation, which is followed also upon the Continent and in the United States, a unit with fifteen ciphers annexed; according to the English notation, the number produced by involving a million to the fourth power, or the number represented by a unit with twenty-four ciphers annexed. See the Note under numeration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fourth power of a million according to the system of numeration called English; but the fifth power of a thousand according to the French system, commonly used in the United States.
- The cardinal numeral obtained from a quadrillion: used like hundred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the number that is represented as a one followed by 15 zeros
- n. the number that is represented as a one followed by 24 zeros
quadr(i)- + (m)illion.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French (Wiktionary)