from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An Ethiopian king or prince.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See 2d reis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A promontory; cape; peak: a term prefixed to the names of promontories or capes on the Arabian and African coasts, etc.
- n. In Abyssinia, the title of the vizir or chief minister, and also of generals and governors.
- n. A smooth material of wool, and also of silk: a French term used in English, especially in certain combinations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function
From Amharic ራስ (rās, "head"). (Wiktionary)