Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A promontory; cape; peak: a term prefixed to the names of promontories or capes on the Arabian and African coasts, etc.
- n. In Abyssinia, the title of the vizir or chief minister, and also of generals and governors. The ras of the empire was for a long period—down to the accession of the usurping King Theodore in 1855—the actual ruler, the nominal Negus being merely a puppet. The ras commonly owed his position to superior military strength as governor of some province.
- n. A smooth material of wool, and also of silk: a French term used in English, especially in certain combinations.
- n. An Ethiopian king or prince.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See 2d reis.
- n. the network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function
- From Amharic ራስ (rās, "head"). (Wiktionary)
“In the summer months, mango reigns supreme, and the bright orange aromatic "ras" is served at most meals in a little bowl, to be scooped up with some hot rotis, or for festive occasions, with a hot puffy fried puri.”
“Ras in Marathi means "juice" and aamras, simply called ras is the thick pulp of the mango.”
“A 19-year-old gangbanger named Gil Porras is beaten to death by rival gang members in East L.A. Police arrest one man for the murder, Jos”
“It was a powerful, unexpected convergence: all three labs had isolated the same fragment of DNA, containing a gene called ras, from their respective cancer cells.”
“Lawyers for Mr Bhamra's widow, Amarjit, argued that Lucky Caterers were negligent for supplying a dish called ras malai which allegedly contained the egg.”
“From "ras" or juice comes another word, rassa or juicy curry, and the egg rassa is an example of this popular Marathi curry.”
“If you are lucky enough to get fresh mangoes, squeeze them and take the "ras" or pulp/juice out, otherwise use the tinned pulp.”
“Since childhood, I've had a weakness for Bengali sweets like Soft Rasgullas, Rasmalai and Sandesh, just because they have a juicy and rich texture made of ricotta cheese and khoya, and combined with "ras", made with either sugar syrup or milk, these delicious indian sweets never fail to impress!”
“Kewra water is commonly used in milk-based Indian sweets such as ras gulla, gulab majun, ras mala, and kheer as well as rice dishes like biryani.”
“Hoewel het woord 'ras' in Zuid-Amerika lang niet zo beladen is als bij ons, is de dag toch omstreden.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ras’.
¡La única lista que también incluye flexiónes verbales y pluralizaciones! Ayúdame a encontrarlas todas.
(Por ser una lista para Scrabble, los dígrafos ll, rr, y ch valen como una sola ...
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Lista de palabras útiles, raras o esotéricas para Scrabble en Español recopiladas de partidas ordinarias.
Todas las palabras se encuentran en el DRAE.
Algunas palabras po...
Looking for tweets for ras.