from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To hear again.
- transitive v. Law To give a new hearing to (a case) by the same court.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to hear again
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To hear again; to try a second time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To hear again; try a second time: as, to rehear a cause in a law-court.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. hear or try a court case anew
re- + hear (Wiktionary)