from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To relight (a fire).
- transitive v. To revive or renew: rekindled an old interest in the sciences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To kindle once again.
- v. To revive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To kindle again.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To kindle again; set on fire anew.
- To inflame again; rouse anew.
- To take fire or be animated anew.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. kindle anew, as of a fire
- v. arouse again
Sorry, no etymologies found.