from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cord pulled to release the pack of a parachute.
- n. A cord pulled to release gas from a balloon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cord to release a parachute from its sack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cord that is pulled to open the gasbag of a balloon wide enough to release gas and so causes the balloon to descend
- n. a cord that is pulled to open a parachute from its pack during a descent
Sorry, no etymologies found.