from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ability or tendency to laugh.
- n. A sense of the ludicrous or amusing. Often used in the plural.
- n. Laughter; hilarity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being risible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being risible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property of being risible; disposition to laugh.
- n. plural The faculty of laughing; a sense of the ludicrous. Also risibles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disposition to laugh
Sorry, no etymologies found.