from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who assumes or acts out a particular role.
- n. One who engages in role-playing.
- n. Sports A team athlete who plays mainly in specific situations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of roleplayer.
- n. A player who isn't one of the best players on the team, but still contributes to the team in a meaningful way
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- n. a theatrical performer
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.