American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that travels extensively by sea.
- n. A pirate.
- n. A pirate ship.
- n. UK, colloquial, archaic A herring.
- n. literally One who roams about the ocean much of the time.
- n. A pirate, buccaneer or privateer; an ocean-going marauder.
GNU Webster's 1913
- One that cruises or roves the sea for plunder; a sea robber; a pirate; also, a piratical vessel.
- n. someone who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without having a commission from any sovereign nation
- Compare Danish sørøver, German Seeräuber, Norwegian sjørøver, Swedish sjörövare. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sea rover’.
List of words referent to persons who commit specific crimes, or are suspected of committing those crimes, beginning with arsonist and safecracker.
Check out reesetee's nice Bad Guys l...
Kinds of thieves.
A list of favorite nautical words to be sprinkled liberally throughout speech for piratical or Melvillian effect.
Looking for tweets for sea rover.