from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sailor serving on the same ship as another; a fellow sailor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fellow sailor serving on the same ship as another.
- n. (informal) Any sailor (when used as a form of address by a sailor).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who serves on board of the same ship with another; a fellow sailor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who serves in the same vessel with another; a fellow-sailor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an associate on the same ship with you
Sorry, no etymologies found.