from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A humorous radio or television series featuring the reactions of a regular cast of characters to unusual situations, such as misunderstandings or embarrassing coincidences; a sitcom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An episodic comedy television program with a plot or storyline based around a particular humorous situation.
- n. An episode of such a program.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a humorous drama based on situations that might arise in day-to-day life
- n. a humorous television program based on situations that could arise in everyday life
Sorry, no etymologies found.