from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A theatrical performance that combines singing and dancing.
- n. Slang An excessively elaborate effort to explain or justify.
- n. Slang An elaborate story or explanation intended to deceive or mislead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An excessively elaborate story or excuse used to justify something
- n. An excessively complex set of instructions
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
- n. theatrical performance combining singing and dancing
Sorry, no etymologies found.