from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various often fatal infectious diseases, such as typhus and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, characterized by skin eruptions and caused by rickettsia that are transmitted by ticks and mites.
- n. An epidemic form of cerebrospinal meningitis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various diseases causing fever and spots on the skin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a name applied to various eruptive fevers, esp. to typhus fever and cerebro-spinal meningitis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several severe febrile diseases characterized by skin rashes or spots on the skin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.