from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To stuff.
- n. heavy, dull food, typically those based on starches
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any thick, satisfying food; a stiff, thick mass of a semi-liquid nature.
- n. Thick, slimy mud; a wet, muddy condition.
- n. A fat, thick-set person; a deformed person.
- To make heavy, full, and stupid by cramming with surfeiting or coarse food.
- To mix into a thick, liquid mass; stir up.
- To walk with short, heavy steps; walk with the feet sticking in mud; stick fast in mud.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. heavy and filling (and usually starchy) food
Unknown origin, but possibly from stog. (Wiktionary)