from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause (a chemical solution) to be more highly concentrated than is normally possible under given conditions of temperature and pressure.
- transitive v. To cause (a vapor) to exceed the normal saturation vapor pressure at a given temperature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause a solution to have more solute dissolved in it than it can stably contain at current conditions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To add to beyond saturation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To saturate to excess; add to beyond saturation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.