from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument, such as a clock or watch, that measures, registers, or records time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any device that measures or registers time; a clock or watch, especially one lacking a chime or other striking mechanism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A clock, watch, or other instrument, to measure or show the progress of time; a chronometer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any machine or apparatus by which the progress of time is recorded, as a clepsydra or a time-candle; in ordinary use, a watch or clock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a measuring instrument or device for keeping time
time + piece (Wiktionary)