American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An instrument, such as a clock or watch, that measures, registers, or records time.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any machine or apparatus by which the progress of time is recorded, as a clepsydra or a time-candle; in ordinary use, a watch or clock.
- n. Any device that measures or registers time; a clock or watch, especially one lacking a chime or other striking mechanism.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A clock, watch, or other instrument, to measure or show the progress of time; a chronometer.
- n. a measuring instrument or device for keeping time
- time + piece (Wiktionary)
“Ridley could easily have eliminated 15 minutes of dopey metaphors, including allusions to the title timepiece and lots of taxidermy analogies.”
“This timepiece is for pilots and those who love the beautiful sports watches made by Wenger, the makers of the famous Swiss Army knife.”
“The story had a nice easy pace – almost a timepiece from the 1940′s in its style.”
“The big timepiece is believed the largest without hands ever built.”
“Every Gevril timepiece is made with unmistakable quality.”
“The entrepreneur's first product collaboration outside of his Virgin empire—a titanium and sapphire crystal timepiece, which is fastened to a black alligator band, in a run of 500—echoes his passion for travel and adventure.”
“The Independent reports that the timepiece is a "specially designed lightweight watch, only 50 of which will go on sale.”
“The timepiece, which is the only watch chosen and certified by N.A.S.A. for all manned space missions (even today), was given to Aldrin around the time he was selected to be on the backup crew for Gemini 9.”
“The timepiece was a gift from the Marechal de Saxe, and the china ornaments on the mantelpiece came from the Marechal de Richelieu.”
“The Vacheron Constantin is known as the timepiece that CEOs wear.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘timepiece’.
Just a fun list of words I am building that make you sound old.
Words I Like
Goodies pulled from a list I've compiled of most-every word having these letters in common — It's going take to take a long, long time to actually get through (and I may want to extend it lat...
Kinds of clocks.
Looking for tweets for timepiece.