from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express mild reproof, disapproval, or admonition.
- n. A canine tooth, especially of a horse.
- n. Chiefly Southern U.S. See tusk.
- n. Slang The buttocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tusk.
- n. A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- n. The buttocks
- n. nonsense; tosh
- interj. an exclamation of contempt
- v. To pull or drag (a heavy object such as a tree or log).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long, pointed tooth; a tusk; -- applied especially to certain teeth of horses.
- n. The buttocks; -- a euphemism.
- interj. An exclamation indicating check, rebuke, or contempt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation expressing rebuke, impatience, or contempt, and equivalent to ‘pshaw! be silent’: as, tush! tush! never tell me such a story as that.
- To express impatience, contempt, or the like by the exclamation “Tush!”
- n. A long pointed tooth; a tusk; specifically, one of the four canine teeth of the horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
The word tush occurs frequently and quaintly: "Tush I an sure to fail;"
What has many on the left squirming in their toddler seats due to the uncomfortable dampness in their tush was a speech made by our President to the Israeli Knesset celebrating the State of Israel's 60th birthday.
"My 'tush' feels like your feet after you have been walking on them all day."
Jan 1995 Steve Shoemaker Additional check -- corrected "tush" to "tusk" in opening poem.
On the scaffold, Samson was for drawing of his boots: "tush," said Philippe, "they will come better off after; let us have done, depechons-nous!"
Thank you so much for the lesson on retracements, again that has saved my "tush" more times than you know.
Convocation, that the word 'tush' found in the Psalter means 'bosh,' it must in this sense be what the classical dons call a 'hapslegomenon'. "
Whether you have a less than there derriere or junk in your trunk, BOYS+ARROWS scrunched tush bottoms are the way to go.
Where others saw tiny tush space, SeatGuru.com saw opportunity.
Weren't they saying the same things in Massachusetts just before Scott Brown kicked some major league tush???!!!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.