from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To release from or as if from a hitch; unfasten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To disconnect; to detach; to undo that which is hitched.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To free from being hitched, or as if from being hitched; to unfasten; to loose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To disengage from a hitch or fastening; set free; unfasten: as, to unhitch a horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. unfasten or release from or as if from a hitch
Sorry, no etymologies found.