American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A vegetarian who eats plant products only, especially one who uses no products derived from animals, as fur or leather.
- adj. Relating to vegans or veganism.
- adj. Relating to Vega (the star).
- n. A person who does not consume, use or eat any animal products; a supporter of veganism
- n. Someone from Vega, which is either a town in Norway, Sweden, or Texas, or (science fiction) the system of the star.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A vegetarian who does not eat any animal products, not even fish, eggs, or milk.
- n. a strict vegetarian; someone who eats no animal or dairy products at all
- Short for vegetarian. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Danielle Konya, who launched Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, Pa., in 1998, plasters her bakery and marketing material—she distributes to 100 restaurants in the Northeast, she says—with the term "vegan.”
“Most people know how to pronounce the word vegan and define it, too.”
“The case of the prosecution and prosecutors is that the couple intentionally and deliberately starved their child to death and used the term vegan to escape prosecution.”
“The word "vegan" or "vegetarian" on a package is not a synonym for healthy, Blatner says.”
“He told me, don't get too hung up on the word 'vegan'," says Zabriskie.”
“His short-sleeved chef's whites reveal the word "vegan" tattooed on his right inner forearm.”
“She was a Vegan before the term vegan "was popular and mainstream.”
“I salute you for your boldness and trying to convince us being vegan is the only way to go.”
“Going vegan is more than a diet. (abuse of animals is not limited to just what we eat)”
“Nowadays, going vegetarian or vegan is practically normal.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vegan’.
dem woodz assoseeated wit da reegae mon..
( Reggae, Rastafari, Rasta, Jamaica, Zion, Haile Selassie, Africa, Caribbean )
( slang, randomness )
words that describe me or that i am focusing on.
( personal list )
Interesting/noteworthy food intake regimens.
Words on t-shirts worn around the office.
(words I hate)
Looking for tweets for vegan.