from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of zoology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct.
- n. A treatise on this science.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of animals; the natural history of the animal kingdom; the body of fact and doctrine derived from the scientific study of that series of organisms whose highest term is man: correlated with phytology (or botany) as one of the two main branches of biology.
- n. Zoögraphy; the written description of animals; a treatise on animals, especially a systematic treatise, or zoölogical system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of biology that studies animals
- n. all the animal life in a particular region or period
zoö- + -logy (Wiktionary)