from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the characteristics of asthma, as in an "asthmatic cough"
- n. A person who suffers from asthma
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to asthma; ; liable to, or suffering from, asthma.
- n. A person affected with asthma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to asthma: as, asthmatic symptoms. Affected by asthma: as, an asthmatic patient.
- n. A person troubled with asthma.
- n. Any agent or medicine capable of preventing or relieving asthmatic attacks, as stramonium, chloroform, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person suffering from asthma
- adj. relating to breathing with a whistling sound
Safe administration of influenza vaccine in asthmatic children hypersensitive to egg proteins.
He has had a few episodes where we needed to use the nebulizer but he isnt classified as asthmatic YET.
There was no sign of intoxication, but something was evidently working in the man's mind, and his breath came quickly, with a kind of asthmatic pant, from between his thin lips, still parted in the uncanny grin.
"And if they think they're suffering from any kind of asthmatic exacerbation, they need to see their doctor and aggressive treatments sooner rather than later."
One can only conjecture about the discomfort and indignity that Sharp, an asthmatic vegan, suffered in his quest, tramping up muddy tracks in the Appalachian mountains, where one community tried to convince him chicken was a vegetable.
I read day and night, like an asthmatic gasping for breath.
In the latter part of 1998, CAPP began its Home Visitor Program in order to address the home environment of the asthmatic child.
Laurence Page stood on a street corner, trying to help police figure a way to reach and carry to safety his asthmatic elderly grandmother without endangering themselves.
I lost weight, pollen didn't seem to bother me and I stopped using my asthma inhaler (induced by environment, I wasn't born asthmatic).
I grew up with a severely asthmatic younger sister.