from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Either of two large flat bones each forming one of the lateral halves of the pelvis and consisting of the fused ilium, ischium, and pubis.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The ischium, or inferior part of the pelvis on each side: loosely extended to the whole innominate bone which forms each side of the pelvis, and to the upper part of the thigh-bone. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Either of two large flaring bones, each forming one half of the pelvis; made up of the ilium and ischium and pubis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun large flaring bone forming one half of the pelvis; made up of the ilium and ischium and pubis
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.