from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place, especially with reference to a particular event: the locale of a crime.
- n. The scene or setting, as of a novel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The place where something happens.
- n. The set of settings related to the language and region in which a computer program executes. Examples are language, paper format, currency and time formats, character encoding etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place, spot, or location.
- n. A principle, practice, form of speech, or other thing of local use, or limited to a locality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place, spot, or locality; specifically, a site or scene, considered with reference to circumstances connected with it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting)
And of course the term locale has to be thrown in there too -- has any term been overused as much as it, really?
The locale is not so much the important thing; the ground support infrastructure, the capability, the techniques, the incredible behind-the-scenes team can not just simply be re-invented overnight in a few years.
When we feel similar to a only child in locale but a x-mas tree, heres a list of
My guess is maybe the confrontation after the Florida trip when Bella clues in to the happenings with Victoria (because Bella looks so worried), could have changed the locale from the school to the house in the movie.
Instead of the ambition-served-raw atmosphere of the 21 Club depicted in the first film, the locale is Shun Lee, an Upper West Side institution where decorative demon-eyed monkeys dangle above the bar like mute witnesses.
For some reason, Janelle, despite losing her family and having nothing to hold her to our Earth, seems to take the change in locale and the sudden prospect of romance in stride.
I even recognized one building as a locale from the Linda Blair Roller Boogie movie.
It is very southern (not just in locale, but in thematic elements and writing).
I don't do a tremendous amount of research to make sure that a locale is perfectly correct.
At this point, however, since the locale is more than 6 billion light years away, there is no way to ascertain whether the reason for this void is as I postulated in the book.