from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To weep aloud with convulsive gasping; cry uncontrollably. See Synonyms at cry.
- intransitive v. To make a sound resembling that of loud weeping.
- transitive v. To utter with sobs.
- transitive v. To put or bring (oneself) into a specified condition by sobbing: sob oneself to sleep.
- n. The act or sound of sobbing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a cry with a short, sudden expulsion of breath.
- v. to weep with convulsive gasps.
- v. to say (something) while sobbing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To soak.
- intransitive v. To sigh with a sudden heaving of the breast, or with a kind of convulsive motion; to sigh with tears, and with a convulsive drawing in of the breath.
- n. The act of sobbing; a convulsive sigh, or inspiration of the breath, as in sorrow.
- n. Any sorrowful cry or sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sigh strongly with a sudden heaving of the breast or a kind of convulsive motion; weep with convulsive catchings of the breath.
- To make a sound resembling a sob.
- To give forth or utter with sobs; particularly, to say with sobbing.
- In lute-playing, to deaden the tone of by damping the string, or relaxing the finger by which it is stopped.
- n. A convulsive heaving of the breast and inspiration of breath, under the impulse of painful emotion, and accompanied with weeping; a strong or convulsive sigh. It consists of a short, convulsive, somewhat noisy respiratory movement.
- n. A sound resembling the sobbing of a human being.
- To sup; suck up.
- To sop; soak with a liquid.
- To frighten.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. weep convulsively
- n. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- n. a dyspneic condition
- n. convulsive gasp made while weeping
I'm going to go sob in the corner of the library where books are kept, far away from the video shelves. *sob sob*
Oui moi j'dis j'ai eu les boules a c'te scene du jeu * sob sob*
Yeah but OW!! for one thing .. they're a size too big since I inherited them from beccarat and I'm not yet large enough to be a size 5 * sob sob* and also .. yeah just OW!!!
And eventually, he'd fail. * sob sob* Bella should be with Edward.
I miss my Dean, I love my baby Ryaaan. * sob sob sob*
Something to engage her from the love-split trauma, * sob sob*
*sob sob sob*, seems exactly the same thnig to me works so much better considering he ADDRESSED THIS IN HIS REVIEW.
* sob sob sob* this too shall pass .. this too shall pass. (yeah, it's all those years of Catholic school ingrained into my head!)
"Well, why did he dare to [_sob, sob_] -- did he see anything light about me, that he [_sob, sob, sob_] -- oh, dear! oh, dear! is it for this I came up from my little peaceful place in the west [_sob, sob, sob_]?
I forgot that I have an essay due in tomorrow, and a biology ISA - which I didn't do the experiment for & a geography presentation. lovejbandhs Geography & Science homework = bulldozed;) lauramiaow My geography is finally starting to sound good, what a pity i missed the effing deadline ... * sob sob*