from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A language of the Mande branch of the Niger-Congo language family spoken in southern Sierra Leone and eastern Liberia.
- n. A member of a Mende-speaking people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large West African ethnic group, speakers of the Mende language, living primarily in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- n. The language of the Mende people.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the Mende people.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Mende language.
Mende mεnde, tribal name.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)