from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To behave as a friend to.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To become a friend of, to make friends with.
- v. To act as a friend to, to assist.
- v. To favor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To act as a friend to; to favor; to aid, benefit, or countenance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To act as a friend to; countenance, aid, or benefit; assist; favor: as, fortune befriended me.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become friends with
From be- + friend. (Wiktionary)