from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of anime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a different tincture from the animal itself; -- said of the eyes of a rapacious animal.
- n. A resin exuding from a tropical American tree (Hymenæa courbaril), and much used by varnish makers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name of various resins, also known in pharmacy as elemi (which see).
- n. A kind of copal, the produce principally of a leguminous tree, Trachylobium Hornemannianum, of Zanzibar.
- n. The produce of a very nearly allied tree of tropical America, Hymenæa Courbaril, known in the West Indies as the locust-tree.
- n. Indian copal, produced by Vateria Indica. See Vateria.
- n. Sometimes called gum anime.
- In heraldry, animated, excited; showing a desire to fight: said of an animal and represented by giving the eyes, etc., a tincture different from that of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various resins or oleoresins
- n. a hard copal derived from an African tree
Sorry, no etymologies found.