from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bruised discoloration of the flesh surrounding the eye, often resulting from a blow.
- n. A dishonored reputation; a bad name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An eye which has been bruised showing noticeable hematoma, especially after receiving a blow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a swollen bruise caused by a blow to the eye
- n. an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- n. a bad reputation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.