from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person perceived to be unsophisticated or of a lower class background.
- n. Something of poor quality.
- n. An Anglo-Celtic member of a lower socioeconomic group, stereotypically classified as wearing black jumpers or black concert T-shirts.
- n. A petrolhead.
- n. An aboriginal person perceived as having gangster ties.
- v. To act like a bogan.
- n. Any narrow water or creek, particularly a tranquil backwater.
"Including the word bogan in a campaign like this will only reinforce a negative message in people's minds."
She calls herself a "bogan" - the Australian term for
I'd never heard the word 'bogan' until recently – or at least was never conscious of it – and now I hear it about 47 times a day.
One titled "RIP Holden Commodore" claims to have been formed "to remember, honour and love the fine piece of engineering we've lost", referring to Corey as a "bogan" killed by a "brave car".
A former Gold Coast meter maid and Hooters waitress is set to become the new "bogan" of
Mr Redegalli said the mural has been vandalised twice since he painted it on Monday, once with the word 'bogan' written across it.
THERE'S a golden rule behind the new $300,000 campaign to rid Logan of its rough-as-guts image - don't mention the word "bogan".
Australia's Next Top Model, Ms Rochester said she hoped her daughter embraced the "bogan" nickname the show's mentor Jonathan Pease gave her.
It's a strange mentality, hooning, and it seems a typically "bogan", or redneck, thing to do.
I would just like to extend thanks to my friends for not being like my neighbour's friends, starting loud bogan fights, smashing glasses in the pool area, or listening to trance.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.