American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A one-room Navajo structure traditionally built with the entrance facing east, used as a dwelling or for ceremonial purposes. Early hogans were made of earth-covered poles, with later models often built of logs, stones, and other materials.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of strong liquor.
- n. A hut of the Navaho Indians, consisting of a conical framework covered with poles, bark, and earth. The main beams turn north, south, and west, while the entrance is on the east side. Sometimes the shelters of the Pima tribes are also called
- n. A one-room Navajo dwelling or ceremonial lodge, constructed of wood and earth and covered with mud.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An earth-covered Navajo lodge; it is traditionally built with the entrance facing east.
- n. a Navajo lodge covered with earth; traditionally built with the entrance facing east
- n. United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments (1912-1997)
- From Navajo hooghan ("dwelling, house"). (Wiktionary)
- Navajo hooghan. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“November 24, 2008 at 11: 16 PM virgil will run again. hurt isn't ready for primetime, yet. clarke hogan is much more likely though in the event virgil doesn't run. in the end, it's tucker watkins 'pick to make.”
“Enter your name hogan scarpe June 23, 2010 at 8:42PM”
Right-Wing Radio Host Offers Startling Revelation About Adolf Hitler's Gayness That Nobody Else Has Ever Heard Of | Indecision Forever | Political Humor, 2010 Election, and Satire Blog | Comedy Central
“Enter your name hogan scarpe June 23, 2010 at 11:01PM”
“He built a 'hogan' to live in and is living the 'good life' on his Rancho Costa Nada.”
“All next day we travelled through a parched, monotonous landscape, now and then meeting Navajos with their flocks and herds, and passing by an occasional Navajo "hogan," or hovel-like house, with its rough corral near by.”
“Originally it had been a log "hogan," but a large adobe addition had been constructed for a store.”
“In the latest bit of right-wing lunacy on health care reform, RedState. com writer "hogan" brazenly compares health care reform bills to Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 -- inanely adding that if health care reform passes, you can "say goodbye to freedom.”
“Whether at a powwow where men beat a drum in unison and chanted in Dine (the Navajo call themselves and their language Dine), joking with sheep farmers about Brokeback Mountain, admiring artisans 'textiles or bargaining over horses at Monument Valley, this sense of beauty, of ancient voices gathering, lingered.discovernavajo. com for information and to book a stay on site in a "hogan", an eight-sided traditional home, B&B or camp.”
“a log "hogan" made of _bois d'arc_ timber and cedar from the brakes.”
“Whether a Navajo land hogan or the Delta House of Blues, the Kalahari sand reveals one universe after another in its shape-shifting grains.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hogan’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Types of buildings that are round rather than rectangular.
Words as I learn them.
places to hide
Looking for tweets for hogan.