American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- On this side: cisatlantic.
- Having a pair of identical atoms or groups on the same side of a plane that passes through two carbon atoms linked by a double bond. Used of a geometric isomer: cis-2-butene.
- On this side of, e.g. Cis-Neptunian object.
- chemistry Forming names of chemical compounds in which two atoms or groups are situated on the same side of some plane of symmetry passing through the compound.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A Latin preposition, sometimes used as a prefix in English words, and signifying
on this side.
- From the Latin preposition cis ("on this side of"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin, from cis, on this side of. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for cis-.