from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Honoring or preserving the memory of another.
- n. Something that honors or preserves the memory of another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. serving to commemorate, e.g., a person or event
- n. an object made to commemorate a person, mark an event, etc.
- n. a postage stamp issued to commemorate, usually a person or event; also commonly applied to thematic (topical) stamp issues
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending or intended to commemorate.
- n. something that commemorates, especially a postage stamp or coin having a design commemorating some event, person, institution, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, or serving or intended for, commemoration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an object (such as a coin or postage stamp) made to mark an event or honor a person
- adj. intended as a commemoration
From commemorate. (Wiktionary)