from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a burial vault or a receptacle for sacred relics.
- adj. Suggestive of the grave; funereal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suggestive of a grave
- adj. Hollow and deep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to burial, to the grave, or to monuments erected to the memory of the dead
- adj. Unnaturally low and grave; hollow in tone; -- said of sound, especially of the voice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a sepulcher or tomb; connected with burial or the grave; erected on a grave or to the memory of the dead: as, a sepulchral stone or statue.
- Suggestive of a sepulcher or tomb.
- Gloomy; funereal; solemn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a sepulchre
- adj. gruesomely indicative of death or the dead
- adj. suited to or suggestive of a grave or burial
From Latin sepulcralis (Wiktionary)