from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To mark or shade with two or more sets of intersecting parallel lines.
- n. A pattern made by such lines.
- n. The symbol (#).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pattern of crossing lines.
- v. To mark or fill with a crosshatch pattern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To shade by means of crosshatching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In engraving, a series of lines intersecting at right angles or diagonally.
- In engraving, to shade with lines crossing one another. See cross-hatching.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. shade with multiple crossing lines
- n. shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
Sorry, no etymologies found.