from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving to declare or state.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being an element or construction used to make a statement: a declarative sentence.
- n. A sentence or expression that makes a statement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Expressing truth.
- adj. That declares a construct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making declaration, proclamation, or publication; explanatory; assertive; declaratory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making declaration, proclamation, or publication; exhibiting or manifesting; declaratory; explanatory.
- As declared, set forth, or made known: in contrast to essential: as, the declarative glory of God.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the use of or having the nature of a declaration
- adj. relating to the mood of verbs that is used simple in declarative statements
- n. a mood (grammatically unmarked) that represents the act or state as an objective fact
Sorry, no etymologies found.